Captain D. Burbank (I'85) and Commander E. Beale (I'92) joined The Idlers at the Griswold Inn to kick off the holiday season, an annual event held in Essex on December first.
We also grabbed a couple of recordings from the back of the room - it's nice to have an iPhone!
* Holly Jolly Christmas (830kb mp3)
* Jingle Bell Medley/Grandma Got Run Over (2.5mb mp3)
* Farewell to Nova Scotia (2mb mp3)
* A Rovin (1mb mp3)
* It's Hard to be Humble (1.8mb mp3)
* Pinning Captain Burbank (176kb mp3)
* God Bless The USA (1.5mb mp3)
Here's some homework over the Thanksgiving holiday break. This is prep for the annual Griswold Inn gig on 12/1/2008.
Here is an MP3 file of tonight's Idlers rehearsal. We covered holiday music and a couple of standards. Best thing to do is to listen along and sing what you know. The idea is to be familiar with the tune and tempo, breaks, etc BEFORE Monday night, so all you need to practice are the words for the Gris gig.
Also, here's the music for the Kelly School gig with the Glee Club.
- Rehearsal with singing
- Rehearsal with piano only (for timing - sing along with the lyrics, memorize)
- The Lyrics (in PDF format - put up on screen or print a copy, then sing along with the piano)
Just a reminder that there will be another Guest Night with the Narragansett Bay Chorus this Thursday. If you haven't already posted the link for information on the Idlers web site, here it is again: www.singnbc.com. And, I'd be glad to provide transportation between the Academy to the rehearsal location in Providence (address for rehearsal location is 15 Bassett Street, Providence, RI).